I Don’t Like It, But Whatever
I’m not well traveled. I’ve only been to a few different places in country. I have college experience, but I’m not educated in terms of degrees. I am by no means the “correct” person to be writing this. But, I am.
I’m a people watcher. I look at people and how people think and act on a deeper level than the common Joe. And, the things I must endure myself with, drives me to the point of climbing a wall; scraping my fingernails on the stone in a hurried and vain attempt to get to the top and then over to safety.
What drives me crazy, really crazy, is how people are content with their ignorance. They have no desire whatsoever to look at life, religion, the cosmos, the greater picture (if you will) and try to find a deeper meaning. Everything is at face value, and, in their minds, fact as is.
Why? Why would you want to be like that? Or, for me, the more important question is: How? How is it that anyone can be happy to believe in things (and get pissed if you believe differently) without doing any kind of research and/or meditation to support their beliefs?
I’m set in my ways. I’ll admit to that. I was set in my ways before I ever became a grown up. I fault it on the way I was raised – the way I grew up. Life was hard and confusing. And you know what? In some aspects, it’s only gotten worse.
Of course people aren’t all the same. It would be a boring ass world if it were. But, at the same time, can we cut out just a little of the stupidity? For example:
- Bad/evil/self absorbed politicians.
- Flipping me off when YOU pulled out in front of me!
- Wear shorts, but also a jacket because it’s cold outside.
- Grown men (and women) who are less immature than a three year old and shouldn’t be.
- Holier-than-thou attitudes.
- Non-funny bosses who think they are hip and hilarious; more or less due to their fat, undeserved paychecks.
- People murdering people over stupid shit like .35 cents.
- Prejudice. Hatred.
- Getting into fights that can lead to death because you’re drunk or see someone from not from your turf. The fuckever, dude.
- And the list goes on and on and on . . . .
The human condition fascinates me, but pisses me off all the same time. It inspires my stories, but it’s what has driven me to wishing I could, more often than not, live on some deserted, life sustaining planet in another galaxy.
But, since that will never happen, I continue in my pursuit to find such a place on earth. As well as an ever going search for my lost drop of patience I’ve either used long ago or misplaced around here somewhere.